Monday, November 20, 2017

#PythaShastri and Basel problem

I will write on some mathematics ideas. Basel Problem. I have found out solution angles to it.
I shall write about it.
The Basel problem was; what is
1+1/2²+1/3²+1/4²+ . . . . .  equal to.
1/2² is 1²/2² , 1²/3² and so on. These are nothing but angles in a semicircle. Have you understood this point. i.e tan²theta.
So, therefore, pi squared term is really there. Because pi is circumference by diameter. Circle is a truth.
Now, I wrote about doubling and 1/4th stuff earlier.
1+1/4*2²+1/3²+1/4*4²+1/5²+ . . . . . .  equals pi by √6 (not correct! Maybe rounding off! Maybe not!! Maybe desktop of 50 crores! Maybe not!) in the above equation.
This equation when squared(yes !!) is the Basel problem equation.
This means,
1+1/2²+1/3²+1/4²+ . . . . .  equal to pi squared by 6.
(No 50 crores desktop needed. Recursive functions should be sufficient., I guess. I am a one line C program writer.)
Yoo !! Hoo !! I have understood why these things happen. Whether correct or not correct. It seems correct to some extent. But not fully. I need money to explain this. Rs.10 crores and I am yours and my explanations too.
Reason is 4/5 -3/4 is the Riemann Zeta function. And . . . . . . . . . . 4/5 and 3/4 are so close. Did you get it ?
If I keep the (n³+1)th term as negative then the result of above is indeed pi by √6. i.e 9th term, 28th term etc.
Similarly, in the series,
1+1/2+1/3+1/4+1/5+ . . . . . . dividing by 2 and subtracting at (n²+1)th place gives √6.
This finishes the topic.

5 comments:

  1. The explanations are as per string theory. And string theory is a valid method and a subject in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite mathematicians are:
    1.Euler
    2.Laplace
    3.Fourier

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learnt the theta and tan equation of Madhava of Sangamagrama. I learnt a few concepts.
    Then I bought one book on works of Ramanujan. It cost 7000 rupees. $100.
    Ramanujan possibly pioneered mock theta functions.
    I plan to do Riemann hypothesis.
    I plan to do Fermat's last theorem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pietro Mengoli posed the Basel problem in 1644. It was first solved by Leonhard Euler in 1734.
    #PythaShastri had vision of 3,2 to 4,5 and 1,2,3,4,5,9,10. This is nothing but Basel problem.
    There are proofs by Fourier and Cauchy on Basel problem too. Modern mathematics.
    This finishes #PythaShastri posers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "A rigorous proof using Fourier series" is close to my level of understanding.
    This finishes the topic of discussion.

    ReplyDelete