Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Kurma, Salna and Chettinad

 I was interested to know the difference between Kurma, salna and chettinad vegetables dish.

Chettinad vegetables



Salna vegetables


Kurma vegetables

I think in Chettinad they add ginger paste and garlic paste too. In salna no ginger paste and garlic paste are added. In kurma no ginger paste and garlic paste are added.

Chettinad contains rich flavours of cloves, cinnamon, star anise. Salna contains rich flavours of cloves, cinnamon, star anise. Kurma does not contain costly flavours.

All the three has saunf, coconut and roasted bengal gram.

Am I correct?

4 comments:

  1. I don't think there is much of a difference between kurma, salna and chettinad vegetables.
    With Malabar parotta the above taste is divine. Excellent combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the difference between roti and chapati ?
    Roti is absence of fat coating. Even after removing from tava.
    Chapati is usually fat applied while in tava.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grains are not important to me. Supply, timing are important to us.
    I am entitled to my thoughts and refuse to think otherwise and be cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barter system supports my entitlement to think like that.

    ReplyDelete