Sunday, April 2, 2023

Trailer of Ponniyin Selvan 2

The trailer of Ponniyin Selvan 2 was good.  It didn't reveal the crux of the story.  But revealed a little what interpretation the movie is likely to take.

I couldn't follow the book and relied on YouTube audio books.  Anyways I was reading the English translation of the book. 

It seemed unfair for Oomai Rani to be considered in such a fashion in the story book. I think it could be that Kalki was referring to some aspect of Rajaji life. Not sure what.  I think it is the fact that Shiva has children in hindu stories.

Why Rajaji? I can't understand how Gandhiji could be so hard.  Rationality was the need of the time and irrational education was probably the issue. If you recollect from history Congress guys were sycophants and were interested in higher education abroad and in India.  They avoided Muslim League and this was too costly for India. 

I can't understand the reason why the movie is being released in north India.  Seems to be a South Indian market for the story. And music is amazing.  Two notes subject. What thiruvarur guys made this music scale or something.  

I hope they write it is interpretation of the story or something. 

I shall remain. My own blog post writer.

1 comment:

  1. I can read Tamil. I have read novels too.
    I don't think it is easy to follow what Kalki writes. Possibly it is the level of following and understanding.
    Oomai Rani for example is also called Mandakini. Twists are many.
    His consistency was admirable and while he was clear what he was writing, I missed the picture.
    The Lankan navy fights and all seemed a little off way.

    ReplyDelete