Wednesday, March 15, 2023

I felt sad

I felt sad when 'Ponniyin Selvan-1' failed to get an award at the Asian Film Awards 2023. My anger was compounded because while 'RRR' won laurels, my favorite of the two failed to get an award. I thought music or costume will get an award. But it did not.

Do not get disheartened 'Ponniyin Selvan' fans.  I have seen 'Ponniyin Selvan-1' four times. I managed to see 'RRR' once and by forwarding I completed 'Kantara'. I am talking of south Indian movies. These are due to the times we are in. It is difficult to see movies when one is not expected to like.

I think Mani Ratnam has planned superbly. Because when I saw for the fourth time, I realized that Karuthiruman (a crucial character) is already shown in Ponniyin Selvan-1. The planning, script are brilliant and imaginative. How fantastically they have managed two parts at a single go. And that too during Corona peak. 

I am confident of A R Rahman and the songs of 'Ponniyin Selvan-2' will be great. I am sure of it. This is what I am expecting the most from 'Ponniyin Selvan -2'.

Good wishes, dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment