Monday, January 27, 2020

My search is over

For the last few months I was not getting an idea as to what is it that I was looking out for in mathematics of my own type.
I somehow felt that most of the thoughts must be related and there has to be a simpler explanation for all. The constant π was important and most of the explanations of my world was explained by it. But what about thoughts? I used to think.
Then gradually I began to work with Wikipedia myself and started doing my own research. Gradually my learning and knowledge increased. I learnt of periodicity. And I began to understand the importance of elliptic functions.
Then yesterday I came across Gauss constant G. I knew there is something called as Gauss constant from the book on Mathematical constants by Steven Finch. But I never read about it.
Gauss constant is what I was looking out for. It is amazing that Gauss constant is observed in so many functions. Beta, gamma, lemniscate, Jacobi theta functions, sin(x), cos(x) and more.
It is an amazingly beautiful and a prolific number and is as useful as and as great as π.
Hats off to Carl Gauss for showing us the way with his constant, Gauss Constant G.

No comments:

Post a Comment